So we're in a Pandemic...

I've gone several years without posting here and months at a time without even thinking about this blog. But for some reason it came to mind tonight and I thought, "I wonder what's going on over in blogland." So, I popped over. Turns out, people still care about cashmere and the posts I made YEARS ago! How cool is that?! *pats self on back for being so cool back in 2007*

Also, we're in the middle of a Pandemic. That's been going on for almost a YEAR. A. Year. Of. Life... Wow.

I don't know about you, but I have been making some hard and wonderful life decisions while stuck at home. Some things have gotten harder (I see you, work-at-home-while-distance-learning-whilst-cooking-all-the-meals-parents). Yet, some things have gotten simpler. Some things, dare I say, have gotten better, too. I'm seeing so much more of my kids and I'm not sure I want to give that back. 

A small little thing that's been particularly neat is the pure quantity of hours I've spent snuggled up in a cashmere sweater and some leggings (Lularoe ones, duh.) My slippers have gotten some serious mileage, too. And the sweaters that used to be too big on me, fit perfectly now. LOLLLLL! #covid19lbs #amiright?

There's something about snuggling up in an old sweater that's comforting. Like a warm hug from somebody you can't see right now, because we're in the middle of a f*cking pandemic. 

Don't have a nice snuggly cashmere sweater? I suggest you get one. They're doing wonders for my soul these days. Don't have the budget for a cashmere one? Snag a Lularoe Nancy. Trust me. Sometimes you just need to snuggle yourself... hang in there folks. We're going to get through this. One snuggle at a time.

xoxo -Lauren

www.heirloommerchantile.com <-- for your legging needs 😉


Comments

Mark and Susan said…
Just landed here to find out what the acrylic/cashmere test involves! Thanks for checking in. This is great info. Now how do you tell when you’ve hit cashmere-a-holic stage? Asking for a friend!?
My go to pandemic out fit has been tights, a line dress and big comfy cashmere sweater - it’s been one of the best parts of this mess!
��
Lauren Farris said…
You’ve hit the threshold when you’ve seen every piece of cashmere on eBay 🤣🤣🤣

Popular Posts